Saturday, May 01, 2010

Label, Label, Label

It is a great thing to label everything in the classroom, the children begin to associate the item with the word.  It helps then learn that not only the item has a name but that name can be expressed in writing.

Since my classroom in a dual language classroom, we label everything in English and Spanish. Blue is English and red is Spanish.  The children know this and know why the two colors.
This is a great thing for a person's house as well.  If you have little ones, try labeling different things areound the house and your children will pick up the reading of those labels.

2 comments:

Barbra The Bloggess said...

I love your idea of how you label in different colors!

Ms.Santos said...

Hello, I will be starting my first year as a bilingual pre-k teacher and was wondering if had your labels saved and are willing to share :) I had the same idea in mind but having the word and picture for (everything) is time consuming. I <3 your blog and will be following you religiously!